Experience and expertise
Since 1979, Terminal Container Athus (TCA) has gained great experience in organising logistics solutions combining rail and road.
Thanks to its infrastructure, its organisation and its team's experience (45 people experienced in logistics), TCA is able to process up to 120,000 containers per year, 150 trucks per day, 6 trains simultaneously...
Whether it is for goods in bulk being transported, containers or swap bodies, TCA offers an economic, reliable and ecological solution for managing all logistical flows.
TCA has been ISO 14001 certified since 2004 and ISO 9001 certified since 2008.
Find out more about our journey to where we are today:
- 1979: creation of TCA through a common desire of local business people and different transport players. 2,030 containers were looked after during the first year over an area of 1.5ha
- 1983: area of 3ha
- 1992: area of 6ha
- 1999 - 2000: investments to increase the capacity to 80,000 containers over 11ha
- 2009: expansion to 16ha and capacity to simultaneously run 6 trains
- 2012: expansion to 18ha including 8,000m² of depots
- 2013: start-up of stuffing activities
- 2014: purchase of a 32-tonne bridge crane to be used for handling steel products
- 2015: start-up of railway line hauling activities between the terminal and Athus station